Friday, August 16, 2013

Spanakopita Cups

The first time I wrote about this recipe, the entire plate of appetizers was gone before I could snap a picture. I made them again recently for a girls' happy hour recently and Brian and I had the last few the other night before dinner.

It's a great appetizer to have on hand. The filling comes together really quickly with little effort - a little chopping, one sauté pan - you don't even have to drain the thawed spinach. Once cooked and cooled, the filling keeps for about a week in the fridge. And the boxes of filo cups take up very little room in the freezer (and are so versatile).

They are a great cocktail party finger food. A nice mix of crispy filo dough and creamy, slightly salty filling.

If I make it in advance, I warm the filling for a minute or two in the microwave before filling and baking the filo shells. Otherwise, the filo shells gets too crisp before the filling has warmed through.

Get the recipe here if you missed it the first time around.

Opa!


No comments:

Post a Comment