Friday, August 9, 2013

Caprese Skewers

I sometimes hesitate to post "recipes" like this one. Ones I'm sure everyone must already know how to make.

Well, I made these last night for a girls' happy hour. I wanted something cool and summery, and super quick and easy - since the girls would arrive shortly after I got home from work. They were gone in no time and at one point my friend Lynn said, "I never would have thought of doing that."

And so here's the recipe for anyone else who loves a traditional Caprese salad, but is looking for something more cocktail party friendly.



Ingredients:
  • 18 boccacini (small mozzarella balls - I got mine at the deli counter)
  • 18 grape or cherry tomatoes
  • 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 18 pieces of fresh, torn basil
  • toothpicks
  • 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
Method:
  1. Combine cheese, tomatoes, vinegar, oil, and pepper in a bowl; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
  2. Thread onto each toothpick a piece of cheese, then a  piece of basil, then a tomato. I alternated the order just so it looked a little prettier.
  3. Sprinkle with the salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment