Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes

Happy Sunday Funday! It's the perfect morning for some freshly made pancakes, bursting with sweet tart fresh blueberries. You can thank me later. ;-)

There's nothing particularly special about these pancakes...except that they are scrumptious! I followed the recipe for Ultimate Pancakes on the box of Bisquick and added fresh blueberries and lemon zest. I don't have pancakes often so I don't have a lot to compare them to, but I think these were among the best I've ever eaten. 

Enjoy!


Ingredients:
  • 2  cups Original Bisquick® mix
  • Tbsp sugar                         
  • 2 tsp baking powder                        
  • C milk
  • 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract         
  • 1 C fresh blueberries
Method:
  1. Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat.
  2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except berries until blended.
  3. Fold in berries. Be careful not to over mix and break up fruit.
  4. For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot skillet. Cook about 30 seconds or until edges are dry. Turn; cook other side until golden brown.
  5. Serve hot with syrup and butter.
Note: The online recipe calls for 2 Tbsp vegetable oil; the recipe on the box did not. I therefore made mine without the oil, and they were so good I wouldn't do anything different next time.


Source: Betty Crocker

No comments:

Post a Comment