Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lazy Day Lasagna

Lasagna is one of my favorite meals. So much so that when I was a little girl, I always picked lasagna for my birthday dinner. My dad's birthday was just four days before mine, so we often celebrated our birthday dinner  together with lasagna and carrot cake, a memory I am so grateful for.

I never really learned how my mom made her lasagna, but do remember it involved cottage cheese....which sounds unappealing, but the end result was amazing. 

My brother Eric makes the best lasagna now, and any time I make it myself, his is the recipe I try to replicate.

While it's not difficult to make, lasagna takes some time. I am so thankful Sue found this recipe and to now have it my own recipe collection. Quick, easy, and really really good.  Enjoy!



Ingredients
1 1/2 (26 oz. each) jars marinara sauce
3 (13. oz.) packages frozen ravioli
1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
8 oz. grated mozzarella
1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Spread a thin layer of sauce in a 9-by-13 in. baking pan.
  3. Arrange ravioli in a single layer, then add half the spinach, half the marinara, and half the mozzarella.
  4. Repeat layers. Top with Parmesan cheese.
  5. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
  6. Uncover and cook an additional 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and pasta is cooked.
  7. Place under broiler for 2 minutes to brown cheese.
  8. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
My blogger friend Kim recently posted a similar recipe, hers made in a crock pot.  That's even easier - can't wait to try that, too!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of good old fashion lasagna taste with little effort. Next time I make it, I'll use meat filled ravioli. Jen and Brian are always good guinea pigs!!

    ReplyDelete