Friday, November 30, 2012

Stuffed Pork Chops (Thanksgiving leftovers remake, take 2)

Even after using the leftover meat, potatoes, and gravy for the pot pies, I was still left with about two cups of stuffing. The first thing that came to mind was stuffed pork chops, something I love but had never made. Although I wouldn't say these were better than Thanksgiving dinner, it was a quick, tasty way to use up the last of the leftovers. Better yet, I put this together while the pot pie was baking, so I had dinner for the following night - all I had to do was bake the chops and steam some asparagus.



This is less a recipe than just a recounting of what I did - I would think you could adapt for as much or as little ingredients you have, pretty easily.

Ingredients:
  • Prepared stuffing (I had about 2 C)
  • Thick cut, boneless pork chops (the package I bought had 3)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 can milk
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Create as deep a pocket as you can in the side each pork chop, being careful not to cut all the way through.
  3. Fill pocket with stuffing.
  4. Season both sides of chops with salt and pepper.
  5. Heat a little oil in a saute pan then brown chops on both sides.
  6. Meanwhile, spread any remaining stuffing in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Mix soup and milk in a small dish and set aside.
  7. When chops are browned, place in baking dish on top of stuffing. Pour soup mixture over chops and cover tightly with foil. (I then put the whole dish in the fridge and continued on the next night when we were ready to have them. Remember to increase cook time if you cook these from the fridge.)
  8. Bake for about 25 minutes, until pork is cooked through and stuffing is hot.

1 comment: