Sunday, September 16, 2012

Three-Ingredient Pulled Pork

This was quite simply one of the easiest, most delicious meals I've made in a long time. Thanks to my friend Erin, I can now serve up authentic Pulled Pork Sandwiches with just three simple ingredients (plus rolls, of course).

I love that you can use a lean, high quality pork roast for this. I trimmed the roast before cooking it and any fat that was left slid off easily when it came out of the crock pot.

Enjoy!



Ingredients:
  • 2.5 lb. boneless, center cut pork roast, fat trimmed
  • 12 oz. root beer soda
  • BBQ sauce to taste (plus extra for serving, if desired)
Method:
  1. Season roast all over with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker.
  2. Pour soda around roast.
  3. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
  4. Remove pork from slow cooker. Remove any remaining fat from pork.
  5. Shred pork with two forks.
  6. Place shredded pork into medium sauce pan.
  7. Stir in desired amount of BBQ sauce (I used about 1 C) and 2 TBSP of the soda from the crock pot.
  8. Heat gently until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment